COVID-19 Update: With an abundance of care and compassion for our community, UUNB has closed its facility to gatherings, until further notice. This includes all services, rentals, and other church functions. Please join us for worship online via Zoom. Our virtual service begins at the same time as our normal service this Sunday at 10:30 am. Please check your email for Sunday Service online instructions. If you need assistance or online instructions, please email UUNB135@gmail.com. Include your name, contact information, and a short description of what you need.
We are a welcoming, progressive community of seekers who come from a wide range of religious and socioeconomic backgrounds. We seek to share a journey of spiritual growth together while respecting the individual’s right to freedom of belief. We are a “shared ministry,” which means that on any given Sunday our pulpit is filled by either our minister or by speakers from our congregation or the community at large. This presents each listener with a wide range of subjects and differing points of view. So,
- If you are looking for a community of fellow seekers,
- If the question is as important as the answer,
- If you wish to express your faith through acts of compassion and justice,
- If you prefer to grow spiritually in an atmosphere of reason and freedom,
Then please join us! We welcome you and the diversity you bring!
- Congregational Meeting Agenda for May 30, 2020The next congregational meeting will be at 2:00 P.M. on Saturday, May 30, 2020. # Time & Action Requested Min Item Presenter 1 2:00 10 Call to order, Lighting of Chalice, Affirming our Meeting Covenant Ryan McPherson, President 2 2:10 Action 5 Consent Agenda1 : Approve Congregational Meeting Minutes of 01/19/2020 Previously Distributed Amy Dunsmore […]
- NB Chamber Music featuring Evan Drachman and William McNallyCellist Evan Drachman and pianist William McNally will be the star performers in a free and open-to-the-public concert on Friday, January 10, 2020 at 7pm. Mr. Drachman, grandson of cellist Grego Piatigorsky, is the Founder and Artistic Director of the Piatigorsky Foundation. He resides in Maryland and will be visiting us as part of his […]
- Project Drawdown: What can individuals and small groups do?Being a Green Sanctuary is an ongoing activity. UUNB continues to host groups that examine and reflect upon our impact on the Earth and take action in response to environmental challenges both large and small. Dr. Dianne Rahm recently led a 6-session discussion group featuring Project Drawdown. You can read her summary below.
- 300 blankets delivered to migrants in Nuevo LaredoUUNB members Chili, Peggy and Ted are featured in this TXUUJM article for their role in the delivery of 300 blankets to migrants in Nuevo Laredo.