We are a welcoming, progressive community of seekers who come from a wide range of religious and socioeconomic backgrounds. We seek to share a journey of spiritual growth together while respecting the individual’s right to freedom of belief. We are a “shared ministry,” which means that on any given Sunday our pulpit is filled by either our minister or by speakers from our congregation or the community at large. This presents each listener with a wide range of subjects and differing points of view. So,
- If you are looking for a community of fellow seekers,
- If the question is as important as the answer,
- If you wish to express your faith through acts of compassion and justice,
- If you prefer to grow spiritually in an atmosphere of reason and freedom,
Then please join us! We welcome you and the diversity you bring!
- “Music and Milestones” – League of Women Voters Annual FundraiserMark your calendar for a magical evening March 21 when UUNB’s Yesenia McNett headlines the League of Women Voters annual fundraiser here at the church. The event, “Music and Milestones,” will raise funds for local league projects and also commemorate the 100th anniversary of the U.S. League of Women Voters. In addition to the tremendous … Read more
- NB Chamber Music featuring Evan Drachman and William McNallyCellist Evan Drachman and pianist William McNally will be the star performers in a free and open-to-the-public concert on Friday, January 10, 2020 at 7pm. Mr. Drachman, grandson of cellist Grego Piatigorsky, is the Founder and Artistic Director of the Piatigorsky Foundation. He resides in Maryland and will be visiting us as part of his … Read more
- Project Drawdown: What can individuals and small groups do?Being a Green Sanctuary is an ongoing activity. UUNB continues to host groups that examine and reflect upon our impact on the Earth and take action in response to environmental challenges both large and small. Dr. Dianne Rahm recently led a 6-session discussion group featuring Project Drawdown. You can read her summary below.
- 300 blankets delivered to migrants in Nuevo LaredoUUNB members Chili, Peggy and Ted are featured in this TXUUJM article for their role in the delivery of 300 blankets to migrants in Nuevo Laredo.